About Lighthouse Baptist Academy and our Mission
Lighthouse Baptist Academy is a ministry of Garth Road Baptist Church under the leadership of Pastor Jim Lamb. The mission of Lighthouse Baptist Academy is to provide a first class academic program in a Christ-centered environment.
We believe that LBA is the best kept secret in town for several reasons. First, because we are a smaller school there are fewer distractions and more one-on-one attention because of our very low student-to-teacher ratio. Second, we firmly believe in nurturing strong relationships between parents and staff.
Lighthouse Baptist Academy offers:
- Preschool (K4-K5)
- Elementary (1st-5th Grade)
- Junior High School (6th-8th Grade)
- High School (9th-12th Grade)
- Biblically Based Education—Believing that God is the source of all truth, Lighthouse Baptist Academy acknowledges God and His Word (The Bible) to be the basis of all instruction. All subjects are taught from a Christian world view. Godly character is stressed in the classroom, on the playing field, and at all social activities.
- Academic Excellence—For over 25 years, Lighthouse Baptist Academy has offered a quality education. The A Beka/Bob Jones University curriculum is used all over the world and has proven to meet the needs of each student at every stage of their development.
- Qualified and Caring Faculty—Our teachers are carefully chosen for their academic qualification, skill, and caring spirit. Students are benefited by teachers. They consider their position a ministry, not a job.
Lighthouse Baptist Academy has been educating students for over twenty-seven years. Our students excel in all areas of academics, thanks to our highly trained and encouraging teachers. Our desire at Lighthouse Baptist Academy is to partner with parents in providing the best biblically founded and Christ-centered education possible for your children. This not only applies to academics but to all areas of a student’s life. We place a high degree of emphasis on the development of sound moral character so that our students will excel in all areas of their lives.